POSTPONED – NEW 2022 DATES FAQS
The Sandy Beaches Cruise XXVII has officially been postponed to now sail January 15-22, 2022 on the Holland America Line Nieuw Amsterdam. Our postponement decision is based upon consultation with Wendy and her team, Holland America Cruise Line and our Sandy Beaches Cruise artists. We believe that this extra time will allow us to present you all with the Sandy Beaches experience you have come to expect and love.
We understand that many of our booked guests may have questions regarding the transfer of your Sandy Beaches Cruise XXVII reservation to January 15-22, 2022. We have put together a list of frequently asked questions and answers below. As always, if you need additional information, our reservationists stand by ready to help.
- What if I cannot make the 2022 dates?
- If you cannot make the 2022 Sandy Beaches Cruise dates, you may receive a StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the amount paid to date on your 2021 Sandy Beaches Cruise. In order to transfer your FCC to another StarVista LIVE cruise, you must notify us, in writing, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2020. All StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credits must be redeemed by December 31, 2022.
Q. Why can’t I receive a refund instead of a 100% future cruise credit?
- Our Terms and Conditions that each financially responsible guest signs upon booking this cruise state that payments made to StarVista LIVE are non-refundable after June 1, 2020. Again, as our Terms state: “If a Cruise is cancelled before commencement, you will be entitled, as your exclusive remedy, to receive an alternative sailing.” Therefore, we are offering the postponed dates of the Sandy Beaches Cruise sailing or a Future Cruise Credit. Please note, that our obligations to the cruise line, artists and other vendors continue in order to plan and produce the kind of event we’ve all come to expect.
- Do the StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credits expire?
A. Yes. All StarVista LIVE cruise credits must be redeemed by December 31, 2022.
- What if I cannot sail on the 2022 Sandy Beaches Cruise and I do not want to cruise on any other StarVista LIVE cruise currently announced and available? Can I save my StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit for later?
- You must tell us if you cannot attend the 2022 Sandy Beaches Cruise by December 15, 2020 by calling the office or emailing us at email@example.com. You may then wait and apply your StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit later, but it must be used on an announced cruise which sails prior to December 31, 2022. Please note that the longer you wait, the more likely it is that your choices will be restricted. We recommend that you make your choice as soon as you are able. And remember that any StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit balance as of December 31, 2022 will be forfeited and no refunds will be issued.
- I am unsure of what I want to do with my Future Cruise Credit. What if I use my StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit but I change my mind later and want to go on a different StarVista LIVE cruise?
- StarVista LIVE cruises are non-transferrable. When you apply your Future Cruise Credit to a different StarVista LIVE cruise it then becomes non-transferable, and we cannot allow additional changes.
Q. What happens to my existing payment plan?
- Please note that all scheduled payments for the Sandy Beaches Cruise will continue as schedule on the first of each month. However, the final payment due date has been extended to November 1, 2021. This will allow for a lower financial commitment each month.
- Will all the artists from the 2021 cruise be moved to the January 2022 cruise?
- We are pleased to report that our entire 2021 lineup including Delbert McClinton, The Mavericks, Marcia Ball, The California Honeydrops, Marc Broussard, Shinyribs, Lee Roy Parnell, The Band of Heathens, Seth Walker, Mingo Fishtrap, Wayne Toups, Teresa James & The Rhythm Tramps, Jimmy Hall, Red Young, Doyle & Debbie, Etta Britt, Kimmie Rhodes, and Bluz House Rockers have all agreed to join us for the January 2022 Sandy Beaches Cruise. And that's just the beginning. We are working on confirming more artists and cannot wait to share all the details soon.
- When will we know the itinerary for the Sandy Beaches Cruise in 2022?
- We are working with our partners at Holland America Cruise LIne to secure a fantastic Caribbean itinerary. We will update you as ports of call are confirmed.
- When will I receive my booking confirmation for my new reservation in 2022?
- Once we complete the transfer in your StarVista LIVE account, you will receive an email confirmation with details by January 1, 2021. Please review this confirmation carefully to ensure that everything is as you expected and call the office with any questions.
- Will I keep the same cabin for the 2022 sailing?
- Yes. Because the 2022 Sandy Beaches Cruise is scheduled to sail on the Holland America Line Nieuw Amsterdam, it will be easy to automatically transfer your current reservation to the new dates and there is no need to call us. You will receive a new 2022 reservation confirmation which will include the same cabin assignment and same travel protection choice.
Q. What if I would like to upgrade my cabin?
- If you wish to upgrade your cabin, you may call the office to request an upgrade and we will assist you based on cabin availability.
- What is the status of the travel protection I already purchased for the 2021 cruise?
- If you purchased Travel Protection through StarVista LIVE at the time of booking, that same type of insurance, Standard or Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) coverage, will carry forward to your January 2022 reservation. If you purchased through a third-party vendor, please contact them to revise and confirm your new travel dates.
- Will the pre-cruise and pre-party hotel remain the same in January?
A. We have not yet secured a new group contract at The Diplomat Beach Resort for the new January dates, and the hotel location may change. We will post updated details and a new reservation link on our website as soon as we have chosen a hotel.
- My roommate cannot make the 2022 cruise, can I bring someone else?
- Yes, if you are the financially responsible party on the reservation, you may change names in your traveling party up until November 1, 2021 with no penalty.
- I sponsored and paid for my guests to go on the 2021 Sandy Beaches Cruise and now they cannot go in January 2022. May I change the names on the reservation?
- Yes, if you are the financially responsible party on the reservation, you may change names in your traveling party up until November 1, 2021 with no penalty. The party who wishes to cancel must notify the Reservation Office in writing with their intent to cancel, and you may authorize the addition of new guests. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If I have a StarVista LIVE promotional onboard credit on my 2021 Sandy Beaches Cruise reservation, will that carry over to my rebooking?
- We will carry over any StarVista LIVE promotional onboard credits to the rebooked cruise.
- I am a Travel Agent. What should I tell my guests?
- All guests will be automatically transferred to the 2022 Sandy Beaches Cruise and the travel agent on record will receive the confirmation. It is your responsibility to communicate any updates to your guests.
- I am a travel agent or group leader with guests who were supposed to sail on the 2021 Sandy Beaches Cruise. When will I receive my commission?
- Travel Agents and Group Leaders will be eligible for their earned commissions when the guests return from the 2022 Sandy Beaches Cruise sailing or alternatively use their StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit and complete that chosen sailing.
Thank you for your continued support and we cannot wait to sail with our Sandy Beaches Cruise family again. Until that time, if there is anything we can help with, do not hesitate to reach out to our reservationists by email at email@example.com or phone at 855-487-2639. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm EST.